Why do I need a lawyer when buying a house? Here are a few reasons:
- We are spending a lot of money and do not fully understand all the risks. We cannot afford to lose our down money.
- Our Realtor® says there are “issues” with the seller’s disclosure or the title report.
- We want to fully understand the risks and make decisions ourselves. We are not stupid and don’t need someone else to make our decisions. Equip us.
- The builder has its own agreement of sale. Which of these terms, written by the builder’s lawyer, are going to bite us? What can we negotiate?
- THE SELLER’S MORTGAGE PAYOFF EXCEEDS THE FAIR MARKET VALUE OF THE HOUSE.
We have been representing buyers (except for the short sale issue, which is a new phenomenon) since 1976. Call us at 610-696-2600 because we can help you. We will review your Agreement of Sale, suggest and write changes, explain risks that you might not know you are assuming. (Example: In Pennsylvania, few buyers order a survey. Without a survey, there is no assurance that the house is on the lot, that the lot exists, that the driveway is on the lot etc.)
We are experienced in Loan Modifications under the Making Home Affordable program.